Dr. Andaleeb Rahman
Professional title: Research Associate
Andaleeb Rahman is a research associate at TCI. He is an economist by training. His research interests are economic and human development. Much of his work explores aspects of agriculture, food, and nutritional security in India. At TCI, Andaleeb is pursuing research around safety net programs, nutrition, agricultural transformation, and the salience of social identity for human development. Prior to joining TCI, Andaleeb worked at the Indian Institute for Human Settlements in Bangalore investigating the issues of climate change adaptation and its impact on livelihoods. He wrote his doctoral dissertation at the Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research in Mumbai, where he looked into different aspects of the Public Distribution System, such as its impact on nutrition and the private trade.
- District-Level Database for Indian Agriculture and Allied Sectors
- Transformation of Agricultural Systems for Climate Resilience
- India’s Rural Transformation and Rising Obesity Burden
- Food, Agriculture, and Nutrition in India 2020: Leveraging Agriculture to Achieve Zero Hunger
- Does Non-farm Income Affect Food Security? Evidence from India
- Transforming Food Systems for a Rising India
- The Diversified Food System in India: Are We Budgeting Well?
- Towards Developing Diversified Food Systems in Bihar for Improving Nutritional Outcomes
- The Bumpy Road from Food to Nutrition Security – Slow Evolution of India’s Food Policy